For many years we have advised clients developing new technologies for financial services
Our experience enables us to advise both large entities intending to implement new technologies in their operations, as well as startups attempting to launch innovative solutions on the market.
We have many years of experience in the area of payment services, anti–money laundering, and new technologies for consumer finance. We regularly advise on data processing in the financial industry, including with respect to systems for exchange of information between financial firms.
Recently we have witnessed dynamic growth in our advice on blockchain technology, decentralised autonomous organisations (DAO), smart contracts, crowdfunding and trust services. We regularly advise victims of cybercrime in the financial services sector.
Our clients including payment organisations, acquirers, payment service providers, trust service providers, consumer finance companies, and startups developing new FinTech solutions.
We advise on such issues as:
- Legal structures for online and mobile payments
- Cross-border payment services
- Legal structures for real-time payment services
- Hybrid payment services (payment services linked with other products, such as consumer credit and loyalty programmes)
- Digital assets (e.g. initial coin offerings, cryptocurrency exchanges, currencies used in online games)
- Tax structures connected with innovative payment solutions
Lawyers from the firm are involved in the FinTech Working Group appointed by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority and the FinTech Working Group at the Coalition for Polish Innovations.