We provide legal assistance to clients whose operations are affected by sports law: sports clubs, unions, individual players, coaches, managers, officials, and sports-related companies.
Our services cover:
- Commercial, corporate and non-profit law (advice on current matters for companies, associations and foundations, administration of corporate documentation and meetings of shareholders, supervisory and management boards, amendments to corporate charters, conversion of legal organisational forms, trading in ownership interests, and implementation of short- and long-term agreements with sponsors, suppliers and other stakeholders)
- Drawing up agreements between sports entities (e.g. between clubs and associations and players, coaches, managers, agents, sponsors and sports officials)
- Drafting and implementation of internal regulations of sports bodies
- Employment law and social insurance (legal support for player transfers, obtaining work permits, visas or citizenship for foreign players, and selection and development of optimal employment structures)
- Intellectual property law (including matters related to reputation, the right to advertise, copyright law, Internet law and domains, use of trademarks similar to previously registered marks, trademark infringement, protected colours and 3D images, advertising slogans, imitation of trade dress, counterfeiting of products, and impermissible advertising)
- Dispute resolution, including mediation, appeals from disciplinary sanctions, and judicial and administrative proceedings
- Representing clubs and players in arbitration and post-arbitration proceedings before the state courts (for recognition and enforcement of awards and to set aside awards)
- Sports-related real estate and infrastructure (development and construction, examination and clearing title to property, purchase and sale transactions, and determination of the optimal financial and tax solutions)
- Tax (creation of tax-efficient structures for players, clubs and other sports entities, and representing these clients in tax proceedings).